1. Which is your favourite book blog here?
—Hmm, I like all the ones I follow!
2. If you could get any quote tattooed on your body, what would it be?
—“Love all, trust a few, and do wrong to none” All’s Well that Ends Well.
3. Favourite author and why?
—I have a 5 way tie for my favorite, but let’s go with Phillipa Gregory this evening: I appreciate how she stays true to the historical accounts of the time period and events she writes about, but still takes completely believable liberties with her work. Nothing is too far fetched, nor too complicated. She knows how to blend fact and fiction incredibly well.
4. First book you remember reading.
—The Lion King! It was one of those big books Disney used to rep lease with their films. It was also the first book I could read by myself.
5. Favourite OTP from a book.
—Oh jeeze. Aragorn and Arwen, I guess.
6. The book/series that made you fall in love with reading.
—Harry Potter. I mean, I loved reading since I first learned how, but I think the Harry Potter series was the first time I really got obsessed with a book(s); It was the first time I was aware of the talent of a writer, and how/why I identified with certain characters, instead of just “ooh i like the princess!” or what have you.
7. Most over rated author/book in your opinion.
— I really did not like “Beloved” by Toni Morrison, and I feel ilk every time I say that, whoever I’m talking to think’s I’m completely insane. I appreciate the book, sure, but it just wasn’t my cup of tea.
8. One book you regret having read.
—I dont regret reading anything. I do, however, wish I wasn’t forced to read certain books in school. I hated being forced to read certain books and analyze them for class. It took the fun out of it, and therefore made me dislike the book. There are books I definitely need to give another try.
9. If you could forget one book to experience it all over again, which one would it be?
—A Song of Ice and Fire series. UGH! The plot twists!
10. One book that changed your life.
—Harry Potter, for the reasons mentioned earlier. Also, my First Folio of Shakespeare’s complete works. Beautiful, genius, gets me so psyched for my craft.
11. That book you know isn’t too good yet it holds a special place in your heart.
—Angus, Thongs and a Full Frontal Snogging. Dunno why, but I’ll always love that little book!
12. One book/series you would love to be adapted into a movie or TV show.
—If there was a mini series of all the Tudor Court and Cousin’s War books of Philipa Gregory’s, I’d watch it.
13. A character’s death that came as a massive shock.
14. Your ‘what the heck did just happen’ moment from a book.
—Basically, the entirety of the SOIAF books I’s read thus far. The red wedding, Sansa’s marriage, NED STARK, anything that ever happens to Danerys…
15. A dead character you’d like to bring back to life.
—Severus Snape. Or Sirius Black.